As in previous years since 2011, five start-ups were selected and given an opportunity to pitch in front of the GiGse audience.
The GiGse 2018 Start-Up LaunchPad Winner:
- Bookee, represented by Adam Kalmanson, Co-founder
Bookee is a B2C mobile sports betting app using a uniquely simple interface. Think 'Tinder' for betting.
The other four Finalists for 2018 were:
- Inside Injuries, represented by Tracy Hankin, CEO
Injury risk analysis of professional athletes enabling consumers to make better decisions for sports betting and playing fantasy sports.
- Play the Field, represented by Kara Holm, Founder/CEO
B2B solution blending the locative magic and AR experience of Pokémon Go with casino rewards to engage and activate a new kind of customer at the destination.
- Racetrack Casino, represented by Walter Hessert, CEO
A social casino with a new twist, introducing integrated online gambling rewards for real money.
- Skilup Poker, represented by Christian Gomez, Founder
Mobile Texas Holdem with legal cash out in the US
The finalists were all given an opportunity to pitch their company in front of investor judges and the GiGse audience. It was up to the GiGse audience to choose a winner.
- Harmen Brenninkmeijer, Managing Partner, Dynamic Partners International
- Kent Young, CEO, Angel Investor
- Brent Saiontz, Angel Investor
- Seth A. Schachner, Managing Director, Strat Americas
- Melissa Blau, Director, iGaming Capital
Too late? Don't worry, we're hosting another Start-Up LaunchPad at iGB Live! - the deadline for submissions is Tuesday, June 12, so find out more about the iGB Live! Start-Up LaunchPad sponsored by innovation21 here.