GiGse Start-Up LaunchPad
In partnership with GamCrowd
GiGse is searching for start-ups set to revolutionize the casino floor
Every year, GiGse tracks the latest innovation in the gaming industry, whether unveiled by established companies or proposed by start-ups and new entrants.
Getting noticed and funded can be a challenge for start-ups. GiGse’s Start-Up LaunchPad, with its tradition and reputation of discovering innovative products, technologies and approaches (previous winners and finalists include NumberFire, BlueBat and Imperus), is a place to get noticed by both investors and business partners.
Start-Up LaunchPad is a Shark Tank Shark Tank style competition, featuring up to five start-ups, selected in a submission process to pitch in front of investor judges, and to an audience of 500+ executives from the US land-based and interactive gaming sector.
The submission process for GiGse is now open. Please check the rules, deadlines and criteria below before applying.
Apply before the deadline: March 24, 2017
Five selected finalists, apart from the opportunity to pitch, will also receive a small exhibition booth in the Start-Up Zone in the GiGse Exhibition area, and two complimentary delegate passes to GiGse 2017. The winner of the GiGse Launchpad 2017 will receive a free exhibition booth at the 2018 show.
GiGse Start-Up LaunchPad Rules
For starters, it's ok to break the rules. That's what entrepreneurship is about. Just so long as you don't break more than two of them.
- More than just a concept. We are looking for companies that are beyond just the ‘concept phase’. There must be a demonstrable product and we will heavily favor those able to bring a technical as well as commercial team member to show the company is built on solid technology.
- ‘Early Stage’ only. This is a LaunchPad… and as such we are looking for early stage companies. Ideally, we are looking at those at prototype stage or who’ve launched in the last few months, and so haven’t gained significant media/investment attention and also are not at the idea concept! Publicly traded or large, well-known private companies are not eligible (this rule cannot be broken!).
- Ready to deploy capital. It is preferable but not required that the company or project must not have raised a large amount of money from institutional investors (small amounts from friends, family and mentors are ok, but the key word is 'small'). Also, this is not a forum for established companies seeking later stage capital or strategic exits (this rule cannot be broken!).
- A company not a product. This is a stage for new companies and entrepreneurs to gain attention and investment; it is not for established companies to launch new products or even divisions (this rule cannot be broken!).
- Totally committed. The fewer existing commitments you have, and the more you can do to prove you are determined to execute the better.
- Solid core team. Your team should ideally consist of at least 2 people (ideally 2-10 people but no limit on the maximum number).
- Scalable Solution. We are looking for entrepreneurs with a unique perspective that are looking to take a scalable business solution to the next level.
- English Speaking. While we are looking for solutions and businesses that span the globe, GiGse is an English speaking conference, hence English proficiency is required.
The submission process for the GiGse LaunchPad
- Please download, complete and submit the application form to email@example.com
- You submission will be kept confidential and shared only with the LaunchPad judging panel
- Companies might then be contacted by Ewa Bakun for a telephone chat to explore their submission a little more, ensure you fit (most of) the rules highlighted above and get to know you a little more.
- A shortlist of 6-4 companies will be selected. Finalists will be contacted by mid April, 2017 and notified they are successful, and those who don’t make the cut will be notified then too.
- There will be 2 free passes allocated to the finalist companies, so they can make a solid pitch. If you wish to bring additional team members a discount can be negotiated off the entry price.
The prize for winning the GiGse LaunchPad is, apart from recognition and exposure, a small exhibition space at either EiG 2017 or GiGse 2018.
Best of luck to all! And we look forward to working with and helping achieve your dreams!